Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cucumber Salad

You know the really good kind that you get at Japanese restaurants. So fresh and so yummy and SO EASY. According to Mutsumi, my Japanese friend, you are supposed to let this sit overnight so the cucumbers soften and really soak up the flavors, but I made it an hour before dinner the other night and loved it.

2 English Cucumbers
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

In a medium sized bowl combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Take wrapper off of cucumber and quarter lengthwise. Then slice up each quarter trying to keep an even thickness. Add to vinegar mixture and toss with spoon to coat each piece. Let sit covered in the fridge overnight or at least for an hour on your counter.

2 comments:

a u said...

Court---you should make your blog a recipe blog! I would love it

Kristen P. said...

I like it! Next one: caramel corn. I made some on new year's and it was pretty much awful!!!